About the 'Poetry in translation' project

 

Srivatsa, poet and friend is passionate about reading, writing, and translating poems by other poets. Once he picks up a poem, Srivatsa reaches out to the poet for approval, then shares the translated version to make sure nothing is lost in translation, and gets the approval of the poet to publish the original and translated versions on his Facebook wall. While translating, what I like best is that he ensures that the meaning, meter, rhyme,and rhythm remain intact.

More often than not, I write poems in Tamil and publish them on Facebook. Srivatsa has picked up some of my poems that he liked most and have translated them. So far, he has translated 28 of my poems. I intend to collect them all and share them with you.

In my blog, I'm sharing both the Tamil original by me, and the English translation by Srivatsa together. Read on and share your feedback with me.